Everyone experiences frustration at some point in his or her relationship. Feeling like you are not being heard or understood can feel like you have hit an emotional brick wall. You and your partner both have strengths and weaknesses, not one person is to be blamed for an emotional disconnection.
Meeting with a Couples Counsellor is a healthy way to help resolve relationship issues. Having a neutral, nonjudgmental, professional point of view can help you avoid tunnel vision and break through negative patterns.
Monica Meyer is a Couples Counsellor located in Kanata (Ottawa West), offering individual, couples, and family relationship services.
- Are you wanting to make changes in your relationship but are not sure how?
- Perhaps you are feeling all alone in your relationship?
- Do you find that you are taking care of everyone else and no one is taking care of you?
- Do you find yourself stuck in a holding pattern, facing the same problems over and over
- Perhaps you want to know how to repair your relationship when dealing with infidelity?
- Have you given up and are suffering from stress, anxiety and/or depression?
The support and trust of a professional non-judgmental counsellor/therapist may help you in your journey of self-discovery and a healthy relationship.
I am a counsellor/therapist offering individual and couples therapy services. Please note that I am a Counselling Psychotherapist and not a Clinical Psychologist (which has to do with serious mental disorders). My office is located in 300 Gateway Building in the Kanata area of Ottawa West.
I have experience in working with people who are challenged with:
- family or marital issues
- depression, sadness, or loneliness
- career and life stage transitions (e.g.: job loss/termination, illness, disability, parental aging)
- anxiety, stress, anger, guilt or shame
- grief and loss (due to death, separation, divorce, or “empty nest”)
- effecting change
- childhood trauma (e.g.: abuse, bullying)
- expressing feelings
- weight issues
- personal development and fulfillment
- a fear of being judged/criticized
- low self-esteem
- lack of motivation
- feeling isolated
- feeling a victim
- gaining self-awareness
If you are like most couples I see, you are worried about your relationship and are searching for ways to change the negative patterns that seem to be dragging you down and making life less enjoyable. Perhaps you are feeling unheard and very alone in your relationship or you are facing infidelity. Separation is not necessarily the solution. You may need help to cope and move forward. Learning to break down the barriers in any relationship will help all relationships.
With my support, individuals and couples of all ethnicities, will learn new skills and insights to develop healthy ways to relate to each other and help to create the relationships they long to have. Ideally it is best if all those who are in the relationship come in to see me but if it’s not possible come in alone.
The support and trust of a professional non-judgmental counsellor/therapist can be a vital step in transforming your relationship.
My office is in Kanata day and evening appointments can be arranged.
Click here to learn more about how to choose a therapist.